Antioxidants vs free radicals: the battle for your skin's health
Every winter we look forward to the arrival of spring and the good weather. It's normal! In spring we enjoy more free time, we socialize... a real pleasure for the senses. But spring is also the time to pay more attention to skin care.
You may have heard about free radicals and the damage they cause to the skin. They also like the good weather... and pollution, stress, tobacco, alcohol... With the increase in hours of sunshine, sun exposure and the appearance of free radicals also increase.
How do they affect us specifically? They degrade collagen and elastin, which are responsible for the skin's elasticity and firmness. As a result, expression lines and wrinkles appear and, in short, premature aging is accelerated.
Antioxidants vs. free radicals
Our body is equipped with defense mechanisms against these free radicals: antioxidants. But sometimes there is an imbalance, so what should we do in these situations? Strengthen our defenses and provide extra antioxidants.
High potency antioxidants
Among the wide variety of antioxidants that the cosmetic industry uses to formulate dermo-cosmetic products, we recommend the following high-potency antioxidants for their great efficacy:
- Alpha-lipoic acid is one of the most potent antioxidants known. Although it is naturally present in our body, an extra supply is advisable.
- Glutathione.Protects the cell membrane and fibroblasts, responsible for generating collagen and elastin. It slows down the action of free radicals and, over time, is capable of restoring the skin's natural suppleness, luminosity, firmness and smoothness.
- Superoxide Dismutase. Superoxide Dismutase is an enzyme naturally present in our body. It is the most powerful natural antioxidant known. With age, its presence in the skin decreases and, as a consequence, the visible signs of aging appear: wrinkles, spots, flaccidity... It is not only able to reduce the damage caused by free radicals, it also stimulates the immune system.
Antioxidant action with HD NOX+
On their own, each of these antioxidants provides multiple benefits, but when they act together, they multiply them. A study shows that their combined action reduces the amount of free radicals by up to 49.4%. In addition, it slows down skin cell aging by up to 87.9%.
HD Cosmetic Efficiency has the HD NOX+ line, designed to combat free radicals. It has a real anti-oxidant and anti-aging protective effect. Take advantage of its full potential:
- HD NOX+ Eye Contour. The eye contour area is one of the most sensitive and the first to show visible signs of aging. With this product, you will revitalize your eyes, moisturize and fight eye contour fatigue. Its active ingredients reduce dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles. In addition, they help firm the skin of the eyelids.
- HD NOX+ BI-BOOST is a bi-phase concentrate that boosts the results of other cosmetics thanks to the synergistic action of its high-potency antioxidants. In addition, it helps to reverse the damage caused by cellular aging and to diminish the harmful effects of pollution and infrared radiation (IR) on the skin. It was chosen Most Innovative Product in Aging at the 14th Cosmetics and Pharmacy Awards.
- HD NOX+ Day Cream. Its antioxidants protect against collagen degradation and possible damage to cellular DNA. This cream helps to reduce the effects of pollution and IR radiation on the skin and to prevent the formation of wrinkles. It is ideal as a complement to your photoprotector.
- HD NOX+ Night Cream. During the night's rest, this cream synchronizes with the skin's circadian rhythms and facilitates greater assimilation of active ingredients, which help to reduce the effects of pollution and IR radiation on the skin. Its continued use helps to redensify the skin and restore its youthful appearance.
The enemy is powerful, but HD Cosmetic Efficiency gives you the weapons your skin needs to defend itself, fight back and win the battle against free radicals.